Eistophos Science Club Collection
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of the Eistophos Science Club’s annual programs, constitution, by-laws, and correspondence, as well as items related to the history of the club.
- Eistophos Science Club (Organization)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Use
No known restrictions.
Biographical / Historical
The Eistophos Science Club was organized in 1870 as the Literary Reunion, and became the Washington Auxiliary of the National Science Club in 1893. The club was renamed the Eistophos Science Club in 1896. Their objective was to “unite for improvement and encouragement all women interested in the study of science and original research.” The club held monthly meetings at which members read scientific papers and discussed current scientific issues.
0.5 Linear feet
Processed without series.
This collection was relocated from DC Public Library’s vertical files.
Basic archival procedures were used at the time of processing.
- Eistophos Science Club Collection
- An inventory of Eistophos Science Club Collection at DC Public Library
- Finding aid prepared by Rachel Telford.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note