American Society of Music and Fine Arts Collection
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of a scrapbook containing clippings, meeting minutes, invitations, and event announcements.
- Creation: 1934-1964
- American Society of Music and Fine Arts (Organization)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Use
No known restrictions.
Biographical / Historical
The American Society of Music and Fine Arts was founded by violinist and critic Elena de Sayn in 1934, for the purpose of promoting knowledge and appreciation of music and fine arts, and assembling together artists and patrons of the arts. Originally called the Slavic American Society of Music and Fine Arts, the group voted unanimously to change its name in 1943.
0.25 Linear feet
Processed without series.
Basic archival procedures were used at the time of processing.
- American Society of Music and Fine Arts
- An inventory of American Society of Music and Fine Arts at DC Public Library
- Finding aid prepared by Rachel Telford.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note