Literary Society of Washington, D.C. Collection
Scope and Contents
The collection includes invitations, annual programs, the society’s constitution and rules of procedure, and papers read before the society.
- Creation: 1908-1957
- Literary Society of Washington (Washington, D.C.) (Organization)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Use
No known restrictions.
Biographical / Historical
The Literary Society of Washington, D.C. was founded in 1874, for the purpose of literary and artistic improvement of its members. Members included U.S. Presidents, Senators, Members of Congress, Cabinet members, Supreme Court Justices, Ambassadors and Librarians of Congress.
0.25 Linear feet
Processed without series.
Provenance of the collection is unknown.
Basic archival procedures were used at the time of processing.
- Literary Society of Washington, D.C.
- An inventory of the Literary Society of Washington, DC at D.C. Public Library
- Finding aid prepared by Rachel Telford.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note